Nashville Prostitution Lawyer
Defending Against Prostitution Charges in Tennessee
At The Law Office of Lucas B. Willoughby, we are committed to providing experienced legal representation in matters related to prostitution. If you or a loved one is facing prostitution charges, it's crucial to have a knowledgeable Nashville prostitution lawyer by your side. Our legal team, led by Lucas B. Willoughby, is dedicated to defending your rights and ensuring you acquire a fair and just outcome.
Call the Law Office of Lucas B. Willoughby today at (615) 745-3434 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our Nashville prostitution attorney.
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution is considered the act of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for money or other types of compensation. It is considered a criminal offense in the state of Tennessee. This offense encompasses various activities related to prostitution, including:
- Offering Sexual Services: The act of offering sexual services in exchange for money or other objects of value is a clear violation of prostitution laws in Tennessee. This includes soliciting sexual services from others.
- Operating a Brothel: Owning, managing, or operating a brothel or any place where prostitution activities occur is illegal in the state.
- Patronizing Prostitution: It is also a crime to pay for sexual services. Individuals who solicit or pay for sexual acts can face criminal charges.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in Tennessee?
It's essential to understand the potential consequences you may face if charged with prostitution in the state of Tennessee:
- Misdemeanor Charges: In many cases, prostitution offenses are considered misdemeanors. A conviction for a misdemeanor prostitution offense can result in fines, probation, and a permanent criminal record.
- Felony Charges: Under certain circumstances, such as operating a brothel or promoting prostitution, the charges may be elevated to felonies. Felony convictions can lead to more severe penalties, including significant fines and lengthy prison sentences.
- Public Shame: A prostitution conviction can carry a social stigma that can negatively impact your personal and professional life. It may harm your reputation and lead to the loss of employment opportunities.
- Registration as a Sex Offender: In some instances, prostitution convictions may require registration as a sex offender, which can have long-lasting consequences on your life.
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
Some possible defenses against prostitution charges may include:
- Lack of Evidence: If there is insufficient evidence to prove that you engaged in prostitution, we may be able to argue for the charges to be dropped.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement officers used entrapment techniques to induce you into committing a prostitution-related offense, this can be a valid defense.
- Mistaken Identity: If there is reasonable doubt regarding your involvement in prostitution due to mistaken identity, this can be used as a defense.
- Constitutional Violations: We may challenge the legality of the arrest or search that led to the prostitution charges, citing violations of your constitutional rights.
- Lack of Intent: In some cases, you may have engaged in the alleged activities without the intent to commit prostitution. We can argue that there was no criminal intent.
Contact Our Nashville Prostitution Attorney Today
At The Law Office of Lucas B. Willoughby, we understand the complexities of prostitution cases and are dedicated to defending your rights vigorously. Our Nashville prostitution lawyer is here to help you navigate the legal system and protect your rights and reputation. Your freedom and future are our top priorities, and we will stand by your side every step of the way.
Contact the Law Office of Lucas B. Willoughby today to get started with our Nashville prostitution lawyer.
He shows up and fights for you and will hold the prosecution accountable for what they should be doing when they are lacking in their responsibility!- Toni R.
In a system in which you are guilty until you prove your innocence. He is truly an empathetic person and when he said “let me worry about it”.- Lindasue H.
Mr. Willoughby called back in less than 24 hours and set us up a consultation, and took his time listening to our situation and answering questions.- Trey C.
I started searching and I came across Mr. Willoughby and he set up a virtual call and he listened to me and my concerns nothing was a rush he made me feel comfortable like a family, he told me he would get me out this mess and he believed I was innocent al- Camry V.
Need a really good lawyer he is the man for the job. Definitely recommend him.- Andre T.
I hired the Law Office of Lucas B Willoughby to handle a DUI in Rutherford County. He kept me out of jail and kept me from having to put an interlock in my car.- Ademola A.
Hired him to help me with an auto theft charge and he got all the charges dismissed.- Randy W.
He's easily the top choice as a criminal defense attorney.- Catherine P.